We Value Your Privacy.
Great River Fishing Adventures, respect the privacy of every individual who visits/uses our websites.
(i) you provide to us when you visit our site or you shop with us and
(ii) we collect from you when you visit our website. The following sections of this
Information We Collect And Information You Provide On A Voluntary Basis
We will collect, store and process information about you if you voluntarily provide us with such information in connection with the following:
- filling in a form on our websites;
- filling in a physical registration card;
- filling in a Facebook Lead Form;
- contacting us by telephone or face to face (e.g., in the context of ordering on line or in store);
- sending us a letter, e-mail or social media message;
- subscribing to receive a service from us (e.g., a newsletter, blog or by following us on social media);
- requesting promotional information from us (e.g., information about any of our goods or services including Great River Fishing Adventures Gift Vouchers.);
- participating in a survey, competition or prize draw; or contributing content to us (e.g., for display on a Great River Fishing Adventures blog).
Any information you provide us (Great River Fishing Adventures) gives us consent to reach out to you at anytime via social media, telephone or email.
The types of information we may obtain include:
- your name, gender, home and work contact details, business title, e-mail address, telephone number, date and place of birth, nationality; payment information
- reviews and opinions about our brands, products and services.
We do not collect “sensitive information” (e.g., information on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) unless it is volunteered by you.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit Great River Fishing Adventures website, we may also collect certain information through the use of “cookies” and other automated means. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Such information may comprise the following information:
Date and time;
Originating IP address;
Type of browser and operating system used (if provided by the browser); URL of the referring page (if provided by the browser);
Completion status of the request;
Geographic location; or
Use of Information
Typically, we will use and process your information to:
- help us create content that is relevant to our visitors;
- make improvements to our websites and social media pages and ensure that content on these is presented in the most effective manner for our audience;
- provide you with information, services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- assess and help us understand general trends and patterns relating to our business;
- manage general record keeping;
- enable us to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our websites and to help us improve the structure of our websites;
- enable you to, buy Great River Fishing Adventures gift vouchers and make payments;
- meet any legal and/or regulatory requirements; provide the products or services you request from us; and improve our products and services and to ensure our products and services are of interest to you.
The processing of your personal information for marketing and profiling purposes is managed solely by Great River Fishing Adventures and their data controller. Your decision to provide your information for such purposes is optional and will have no consequence on your ability or benefit from the requested services.
Your decision to provide information to us is voluntary however, if you do not provide such information you may no longer be able to benefit from our services.
We may process your personal information by both automated and manual means. We may use your information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
You have certain rights to the information we process about you as expressly provided for by applicable law. You may request access to the information we hold about you, update, amend or correct the information, and in some circumstances you may object to our use of your information.
You also have the right to request that we cease sending marketing communications, whether by email or otherwise, to you. You can do this by (i) checking the applicable
box(es) on any form used to collect information from individuals, or (ii) clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in any of the marketing e-mails you receive, or (iii) otherwise requesting that we do not process your information for marketing purposes, or (iv) via Great River Fishing Adventures on-line e-mail preference centre.
To exercise these rights or to make a complaint or submit an inquiry about our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also write to us at: 9839 Candow Street, Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada V2P 4K5
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your information, with your consent. You should contact such third parties to opt out directly.
By submitting your information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
How We Protect Your Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Services providers and contractors who might have access to your information in order to provide services on our behalf will be contractually obliged to keep such information in confidence, provide adequate data security measures, and may not use that data for any other purpose.
For your own protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information, credit card or similar data in any e-mails you send us or our staff.
How Long We Keep Information
Great River Fishing Adventures only retains your information for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected, unless otherwise provided by law.
We are responsible for all personal information under our control, even if it is not in our possession. We have developed policies and procedures to deal with the proper collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
We have appointed the following person to answer any questions or to handle requests for access to personal information or complaints:
Name: Dean Weak, Owner & Professional Guide Phone: 604.991.3474
Links To Other Websites
Our websites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites operate independently from us. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent that any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
We strive to only send e-mails to those who want to receive them. If you would not like to receive future e-mails from us, reply to any email with UNSUBSCRIBE as the subject.
How To Contact Us