YES! We are allowed to take guests fishing.
As the world starts to see progress with the Covid-19 pandemic, restrictions are starting to relax a little. We will be following any guidelines produced by the BC Health Office as they appear. We will be adhering to our own protocol based on the most recent recommendations of the BCHO.
- Anyone who is currently showing or has recently showed signs or symptoms of the flu or cold will not be permitted to join the trip. This holds true for the guides as well.
- We will not be shaking hands, high fiving or any other direct contact with guests. Giant fish celebrations will have to be non contact 😉
- Contacts points will be sanitized after each trip. This includes the interior of the boat, rods/reels and any other tackle or equipment that one may come in contact with.
- Guides will be wearing gloves to keep themselves and others at a low risk. Masks are available as well, however we do understand that this will not always be practicable and will be optional. Please let us know if you wish for the guide to wear a mask.
- Guests will be requested to use hand sanitizer before coming on board.
- Keep group sizes small. Although we are able to meet in groups up to 10 we request that you keep your group small. Keep in mind that our standard trips typically comprise of 4 or less anglers per boat.
- Try to keep groups to a minimal number of households and do not mix groups if possible.
- GRFA guides will have hand sanitizer, rubber gloves & masks on board if needed. However we still recommend bringing your own protective gear if possible.
- Keep food, beverages and personal belongings separate per angler.
- Travel by households to the meeting locations with minimal stops.
- Respect social distancing at the boat launches and avoid going near others.
- Avoid taking pictures of fish with multiple phones. Recommend that one camera be used for the day and guests can exchange/share all pictures after their trip.
- GRFA has always held one the most relaxed cancellation policy in the industry and we will continue to use it as our guide line.
- We will work with our customers on an individual basis and we fully understand that these are unprecedented times.
- A small administration fee will be deducted from all refunds
- Our Policy – In the unlikely event that you will need to cancel your trip, your deposit is fully refundable up to 14 days prior to the start date. After which the following applies:
- 50% of the total cost of the trip will be refunded 7 to 14 days prior to the start date
- less than 7 days prior to the start date is non-refundable
- Subject to availability, your trip costs can be applied to an alternate date within the same season
All in all this is mostly using common sense and mitigating risks as much as possible. This is the new reality that we are living in for time being and chances are the world has changed a little forever. As the vaccine becomes more available, Covid restriction will relax more and hopefully we can get back to some resemblance of normal. If you have any questions or concerns about anything in this policy please do not hesitate to reach out to us. email@example.com
Thanks so much and see you out on the water!!